Paul Moore

Default Converting attic - what insulation to use?

Hello,

My next home project is to convert the attic. I was wondering about
insulation. Should I use loose stranded fibreglass insulation like Rockwoll,
or a solid insulation? I was planning to clad the ceiling with wood
panelling, and I thought that glass fibres might escape through the cracks
between the panels and contaminate the air.

Should I also use a plastic sheet between the insulation and the wood
panelling? I suppose that this should also seal the glass fibres in place?

Many thanks,
Paul