none

Default How do I remove gloss paint from my stone dooryway?

Hi

My yorkshire-stone, terraced house has a wooden front door with a stone
'pillar' on each side of the door and a stone slab above the door to
prevent rain falling on the house owner when he is trying to lock/open
the front door.

The previous owner has painted both stone 'pillars' with a gloss paint
to match the colour of the gutters. In places the paint has peeled off,
in other places a little bit of crumbly stone has burst through the paint.

I would like to remove this paint as I dont think it is good for the
stone. Can I use a blow torch or should I wait for it to fall off
naturally? The bottom foot of paint has fallen off but the rest looks
pretty well stuck on 8(