BillyBob

"Mark P." wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry everybody if I was a bit vague here. I was guessing the pictures
could explain themselves... The first picture is the inside of the top
pleated filter on my Jet 1100A DC. It is caked in sawdust. The second
picture is after I shook/scraped/brushed and vacuumed the pleats.

So the before/after shots had nothing to do with the flapper?

I run the flapper around a few times when I think about it, probably at
least 50% of the days I work in the shop. I still need to clean out the
filter with other means when I empty the plastic collection bag. My
impression is that the flapper prolongs the effectiveness of the filter such
that its still working ok when the bag gets full. I know I see clouds of
dust fall into the plastic bag when I run it around a few times.

Bob