On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:51:40 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote:

Sending this another time in case it didn't go through...
Pellet stove? Pretty much automatic, safe, approved, cheap, clean
dry, efficient, etc., etc., etc.
Ken.

Gotta disagree with that option. Had one in my shop for 1 1/2 years
and it was a high maintenence bastid. Had to clean/vaccuum it out at
least once a month, usually twice or more during cold weather (also
near Poulsbo, WA). That, combined with crappy pellets, and getting a
ton at a time, caused me to give it away to a guy who made a Traeger
style smoker out of it ; ) Even a small percentage of crumbled
pellets or pellet dust would clog up the auger.

It had replaced a double barreled wood stove. I just got sick of
cutting, splitting, stacking firewood and stoking that thing.

Ended up going with an outside vented propane fireplace:
http://mendota-gas-fireplaces.com/ flush mounted on the back wall
with an enclosed exterior chimney for the vent. It's a 60k btu unit
that was given to me by a friend who works for the company and it
heats both floors of my 24' x 32' shop quite nicely. No moisture
problems at all.

I'm in Mason County and they wouldn't allow me to install a 250 gal
propane tank under the outside stairs... but, they do allow you to
install two 125 gal tanks, one saddled on top of the other... go
figure.

Anyway, I like the convenience of an outside vented propane heater
best so far.

Good luck!

Snarl