Glenn Ashmore

Default Concentric bolt circles?

I need to make a couple of adapter plates for the new 56HP Yanmar to fit
the CV
joint to the prop shaft. The gear box flange has four M10x1.5 threaded
holes on a 78mm
pitch circle and the CV joint has six M10x1.5 holes on a 93mm pitch circle.

At anything other than a 15 degree offset between the two circles the holes
interfere. At 15 degrees I have 3mm between the holes. I am limited to
22mm in thickness so I can't drill blind holes on either side. Is 3mm
between holes sufficient or is there another way to lay out the bolt
circles?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com