Larry Jaques

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 01:40:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:42:30 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Gunner, my question was more about the magnification factor you'd recommend
for .22 RF off the bench. What is your best guess, 20 - 22 X? I want the
opinion of someone that used has some of the high-X scopes for bench
shooting. I fully realize they would be almost useless for hunting, but my
quarry is only a sub-1/4 group at 50 yards.

Ooh..sorry. Yes indeed. Id consider 18x to be the minimum for this
type of work, and 24x the maximum. Even at 50 yrd..with more
magnification..mirage will be a big issue. And of course so will your
heart beat.

Are you referring to the heat-glimmer type of mirage, or something
else?

(There, I snipped the other 100+ lines of unnecessary post, too.)

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln