Martin H. Eastburn

Just a guess - a thermostat in the air system some where is stuck open or the line is open.

But I don't do that for a living - but remember where my book is - Used book store.
Look one of those up - they have Chilton books there for sale cheap - and have many many years.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

jw wrote:
Since this group seems to be the keeper of all(nearly) knowledge, I
thought I would start here....

I have a 1996 Blazer that the AC request signal quit on. The clutch
still works, I apply 12V to the pins on the clutch and it kicks right
in. For some reason, the AC req is not getting set.

Anyone have any ideas? I have checked for loose connections on
everything, but have not found anything obvious.

I dont' have a code scanner to check and see what it thinks is wrong.
I know what my options are(evap temp sensor, blower speed sensor, low
refrigerent sensor, etc) but dont' have a good way of figuring it out
until I get a chance to borrow a code scanner.

Thanks

JW