Grant Erwin

jw wrote:

Since this group seems to be the keeper of all(nearly) knowledge, I
thought I would start here....

I have a 1996 Blazer that the AC request signal quit on. The clutch
still works, I apply 12V to the pins on the clutch and it kicks right
in. For some reason, the AC req is not getting set.

Anyone have any ideas? I have checked for loose connections on
everything, but have not found anything obvious.

I dont' have a code scanner to check and see what it thinks is wrong.
I know what my options are(evap temp sensor, blower speed sensor, low
refrigerent sensor, etc) but dont' have a good way of figuring it out
until I get a chance to borrow a code scanner.

I doubt your code scanner will give you what you need. You need a service manual
which should have the diagnostic tree for nonoperative AC.

If your AC hardware is all OK it would seem it has to be your dash switches, a
fuse, or wiring.

I did this recently for my cruise control and found that it was the cruise
control module that was broken. I didn't have a service manual so I bought one
off ebay, a duplicate CD version, I didn't care, works fine. Handy to have. Your
vehicle is the same year as mine '96, about time you had a service manual anyway.

GWE