George Woodzell

Hello!

My workshop ccnsists of half of my two-car garage. After abusing my
machine tools for several years by not heating the garage (and here in
upstate New York that means a very cold workspace in the winter), I
installed a celing-mounted heater, fed with propane from exterior
tanks. The heater exhausts through a vent pipe to the outside.

This has proved to be an excellent solution to my heating needs: the
machines, and my bodfy, are kept from freezing, and there are no
problems with condensation. The heating contractor who installed the
heater urged me to insulate the garage, so I installed a framework of
2X6's and put in thick fiberglass insulation bats. My machines (and our
car) love the space now.

George

In article , RainLover
wrote:

hey everyone,

Winter's right around the corner and after 2 years without studio
heat, I MAY finally be able to do something about it.

I have a 1,500 (30' x 50') sf studio with 17' high ceilings (Quonset
hut, so only the peek is that high)

I've been leaning towards a propane tank outside and one of those
propane-powered shop heaters mounted up on an end wall. Are these the
best way to go? any other suggestions?

I've seen the Infrared heaters in home centers and costcos... are they
more efficient?

Cost is a factor for me.

Thanks,

James, Seattle