Dave Plowman (News)

Default Central heating problem after draining/filling system.

In article ,
Set Square wrote:
With regard to the radiators which don't get hot, you have an air lock
in one of the supply pipes. They still bleed ok, because the water comes
via the other pipe. The usual cure for this is to turn off all other
radiators except each of the problem ones in turn - so that all the
water is forced through just one radiator. You may also need to increase
the pump speed while you do this. This usually clears the air lock.

It may, but it's often just easier to 'pump' in mains pressure water via
the drain valve. Of course making sure you don't overfill the header tank.

It's the only way I can do it with mine. ;-)

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.