On 4 Oct 2005 10:21:06 -0700, "dean" wrote:

The furnace is going in the basement. I have a fireplace upstairs but
I'm not talking about that one now.

The wood idea sounds like a possibility. I could probable put it on
wheels and move it to the window as necessary. Hmmm....

Thanks!

Dean

You hopefully have a cheap supply of wood that can save you money.
I hope that's the reason for burning wood. Otherwise you are insane
with going through the bother of tending a stove and putting up with
the introduction of bugs into your house.

If you still want to burn don't use the door. Opening the door for
periodic loads of wood lets much of the heat cost savings fly out the
door. Burning cold wood is not efficient either. Your best bet is to
introduce and store a large load of wood in the house on a warm day
through a small opening. That way you won't lose much heat during the
process.