What do you mean by "organic contaminants"? We tested for coliform and
e-coli and those tests were perfect.

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Hi,

I just received a water analysis from our well. We live in Ontario,

Canada,
this is a new well and we've been using it for about a year and a half

with
no problems at all. The water was great, until just about a week ago.
The water has turned salty and metallic tasting. We called our water
softener guy to come and check things out and he said our TDS had gone

up
substantially and of course he was right!

My question is, why did our water change so drastically all of a

sudden??

Can't tell from here...need to talk to somebody local who knows the area
water tables, etc. A sudden change implies something changed--may well
be external contamination source or somesuch...

What are the chances that it will go back to the way it was??

Depends on what the cause is...

Was there any test for organic contaminants to help pinpoint a possible
contaminant source?