Default Well Water Test Results and Questions...

Hi,

I just received a water analysis from our well. We live in Ontario, Canada,
this is a new well and we've been using it for about a year and a half with
no problems at all. The water was great, until just about a week ago.
The water has turned salty and metallic tasting. We called our water
softener guy to come and check things out and he said our TDS had gone up
substantially and of course he was right!

My question is, why did our water change so drastically all of a sudden??
What are the chances that it will go back to the way it was??
What will this water cause the way it is now? I doubt I'll be able to use
it to water my gardens outside now?

Anyway, here are the results from the lab:

Alkalinity as CaCO3: 228 mg/L

Chloride: 526 mg/L

Conductivity: 2760 uS/cm

Fluoride: 1.12 mg/L

N-NO3 (nitrate): 0.10 mg/L

pH: 7.71

Sulphate: 481 mg/L

TDS: 1930 mg/L

Hardness as CaCO3: 573 mg/L ( I believe this works out to about 33 grains
of hardness?)

Ion Balance: 0.96

Calcium : 142 mg/L

Magnesium: 53 mg/L