Lurch

Default Cable size question

On 4 Jul 2004 23:43:38 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) strung together this:

I'll save you the trouble -- there isn't one. ;-)

I had a feeling there wouldn't be.

You might ask why out of curiosity, but NICEIC's made up rules
aren't part of BS7671.

No, that's why I didn't mention that to start with. I generally take
all advice from the NICEIC loonies with a pinch of salt.

It's bad practice anyway, which is against the regs.

Why?
On the contrary, I often hear it stated as mandatory for
supplementary service bonding not to cut/join the conductor
(which isn't true, but is a good idea nevertheless).

Yes, on supplementary and equipotential bonding, not with the CPCs
though.
Having said all that, I do it myself most of the time as it's a lot
quicker that way, and I like to fly through a big job!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd