default

On 4 Oct 2005 06:39:40 -0700, "Coyoteboy"
wrote:

Hmmm, i liked the look of that until i saw they have an on resistance
of 300ohms, a bit much i think.

Yeah, I know it looks bleak - but if you're feeding a high impedance
input, what is 200-300 ohms when inputted to a amp that has a 10 meg
ohm impedance or better? You won't notice the voltage 300 ohms
drops.

I used three stages of them rated at 200 ohms into a 747 quad op amp
and there was no noticeable loss of signal voltage.

Your thinking digital - we analog designers "match the hatch" (a fly
fisherman's term - meaning you put out what they will bite - because
they are biting it already - your fly matches the current hatches of
flys)

It shouldn't be dismissed until you weigh the alternatives - perhaps a
unity gain op amp on each switch would make the resistance go away?
You know what impedance you need to match . . . I don't.