Glen

Default career gloat

Last year the woodshop teacher at the school I work at retired. The
principal offered me a part time position (the rest of the day I keep my
old job, teaching foreign language). WHAT A JOB! It is unbelievably
great! I actually look forward to my morning classes. Hectic is not
the word for it, 35 9th and 10th graders all bugging me on how to do
something, AND WANTING TO LEARN! While my kids, in the traditional
academic sense might be deemed as not too bright, they are bright in
their own ways. Most importantly, most, for the first time in their
school careers many are finding success in school. For those of you who
have never taught woodworking to a bunch of HS kids it's a real kick.

I had to gloat. I'm hoping that next year it might be full time.

Glen