Dave Combs

We were considering an external sliding door for our bathroom just like they
have at the Omni Hotel in San Diego. In essence it was a single pane french
door with frosted glass. The track was hidden behind a valance. Wife
vetoed it because she thought it might make the house harder to sell down
the road. I still think it was a great idea but...

Dave

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Vince wrote:
Thanks for your information. I am becoming convinced that a pocket
door installation is not the way to go.

That leaves: Changing an inside swinging door to an outside swinging
door !

There are sliding doors other than pocket doors; i.e., doors that hang
from and slide on a track affixed to a 2x4 that is mounted *externally*
on a wall. Usually, the 2x4 has sort of a valence over it as a
pretty-pretty. About the only mod you'd have to make for that is to
extend the existing jamb on the closed side so that the door would hit
it and a stop on the open side.

There are also "accordian" doors that open and close in just the opening
space. Something like that would be dead simple.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...