SQLit

"jymusic" wrote in message
news:LDg0f.9777$qR2.9770@trndny07...
My house has casement windows, with dual pane glass. The windows have
screens on the inside. The screen frame units can easily be removed by

hand
in about 5 seconds. Suppose I were to have sheets of plex-glass cut to

the
same size as the entire screen frame, and, for the heating season, removed
the screen frame and simply slide in the plexi-sheets where the screen
frames normally go. Would having the sheet of plex-glass there result in
significant savings on winter energy costs, or would it not be worth the
trouble? Would doing this harm the windows in any way due to heat buildup
from sunlight, etc.?

Thanks,

JY

My original melodic anti-religious alternative rock songs can be heard

he
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=411213

significant? probably not. You might save what it will cost in the
Plexiglas.