Paul Andrews

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a new camera a few months back and I have a slight niggling
problem. The zoom lens has a very light action so much so that when the
camera is not being used the zoom action falls under its own weight. So
every time I put the camera back up to my eye I have to reset the zoom.
As a temporary bodge I stuck several layers of masking tape to the
underside of the lens so the slight friction stops the lens barrel
moving under its own weight.
After time I expect the adhesive will make a gooey mess and the lens
barrel is started picking up the edges of the tape.
I am thinking that maybe a piece of velcro, not the hook part but the
other part might do the trick.
Any other suggestions?

Kevin

Kevin,

Please unwind my previous comment about this not being the right place to
post - I misinterpreted the use of DIY here and responded impolitely.

My apologies.

Paul