dennis@home

"Set Square" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

And it is *never* appropriate to wire in stats in parallel - thus
controlling the *same* thing - as a substitute for controlling
*different* things, as in zones.

So its never appropriate to have a frost stat then.

I think you are confused.

No, *you* are confused! If you use a programmable stat, you don't *need* a
frost stat.

I'm not confused.
I understand how they work and how to setup proper control systems.
You keep changing your mind.

However, you *can* wire a room stat and a frost stat in parallel - that is
ok because you want to control the *same* thing - namely the house
heating -
with both of them. When it's *not* ok is when you need to control two
*different* zones - as in the original question in this thread - when the
stats need to be independent, each controlling their own valve.

See you have changed it again.

I suspect that you're *trying* to confuse us by introducing the concept of
frost stat in parallel with a room stat in another attempt to justify your
half-baked scheme for this poor bloke's conservatory. Sadly, it won't
wash!

Its heating not a washer. ;-)

Anyway you forget the obvious...

Like you state that he may want to heat the conservatory but not the rest of
the house so requires a valve.
However if he is using the conservatory he probably doesn't want the house
cold does he.

You state that he may want to heat the house but not the conservatory.
If so he is at home so he may be happy to turn the TRV knob.

I stated that to get the heating to run in the house and in the conservatory
he would need two stats.
This is true for any building with large differences in the construction
and, hence, the heat loss.

I think you are confused.

Anyway I am bored so you can carry on if you want I am going to watch TV.