Terry Pinnell

"Glenn Gundlach" wrote:

John - kd5yi wrote:

You are an exceptional person to be able to hear 1 Hz!

John

Not at all, you can do it too. The beat he's hearing is the same as
tuning a musical instrument. My question is: how accurate is the '7200'
RPM? Would different models be phase locked or are they just 'close'?
AND, is it a balance issue with the drives (or fans)?
GG

Thanks Glenn. All 3 of my HDs are Maxtors (2 x 60GB, and this latest
200GB), and all are 7200 rpm. Are you speculating that one might be
spinning at 432.000 kHz, and the other at 432.001 kHz?!

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK