Eric R Snow

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:56:08 GMT, xray
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:33:39 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

SNIP

If you've got an o'scope you can look directly at the
encoder channels to eliminate any possibility that it's the
readout, if that's what you mean by display error. Less
convenient, but workable, would be a voltmeter or two. Or
even an LED on each channel, as long as you're careful to
limit the current based on the encoder's drive capability.

Ned Simmons

Ned, I have a scope. I don't really know how to use it. I need to get
a book on oscilloscopes in general. The scope is a Tektronix 465B. The
only probe I have is one with a red and black wire terminating in
little hook shaped clamps. If this will work can you tell me how?
Thanks,
Eric

What encoder are you using, and what is it connected to?

A US Digital H6S-2500-I. And I realize I made a bunch of errors in my
first post. I am using the ED3 display from US Digital too. I need to
eliminate the encoder as a source of error before I continue. I don't
think it's the problem but so far it seems like the culprit.
Eric