Rich256

That is a great idea. I am on sand so really don't need to worry much about
drainage.

"nospambob" wrote in message
I'd put about 4" of "pea gravel" from the big box store in the bottom
of the hole, put the post in and level then fill the hole with more
pea gravel. Allows drainage at the bottom of the post as well as
around the post.

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:27:59 GMT, "Rich256" wrote:

If that is a wooden post I it is probably rotted off. And I expect it

was
set in concrete. The tough job is getting the old concrete out. I

prefer
to tamp the dirt in around the post and not use concrete. That is a

little
more work when installing but a lot easier when you have to remove them
again.