dadiOH

Tim Fischer wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
news:FK70f.7123$JY6.3114@trnddc02...
If there is ever a problem with the track or door carriers/hangers,
stuff (trim) will have to be torn off on one side to gain access.
That's a real PITA...

Not if the door trim is attached with screws on one side. This is
really the only right way to do it. If there are problems, just
remove the screws and the trim pops right off.

"Torn off" = "remove" regardless of how it is attached. I always attach
most everything with screws. Countersunk and filled with face grain
plugs. Ever try to get a plug out so the hole stays nice and need and
can be reused? Ever get a screw tight in its little hole so it will
turn but not back out - and no way to get something on the treads to
climb on?

Any way the stuff is attached it is a PITA to remove, fix, replace and
refinish.
_______________

If the
problem is with the track within the pocket you may have to tear up
the drywall on one side.

The track system I had was designed so the entire track could be
removed without tearing up the wall (there was a hanger on the far
end that the track would slip onto).

I say "may" because there are tracks with screw
slots so that (supposedly) the track can be replaced more easily.
Personally, I would rather tear out drywall.

Not sure what you mean by "screw slots" and why that would be harder
than tearing up the wall...

I would prefer something holding the track within the pocket other than
one hanger. YMMV

By "screw slots" I mean a keyhole sort of thing...slip screw head into
large part of slot, slide track to narrow part. I figure if the screws
are loose enough to permit sliding the track on/off the screws it could
do so itself at some inopportune time.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...