Amun

"RobR" wrote in message
news:B5a0f.1572$Wb3.1416@trndny04...
I know squat about furnices, so thought I would give this a shot.
We moved into a home that's been unoccupied for a year. It's
starting to get cold, so we turned on the heat last night. We
heard the blower kick in, but ... no heat. We have hot water
so I think that would eliminate the pilot light being out. We have
a full tank of oil. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can look
at before we call a professional. Thanks!

If you just got the house and never tried the furnace yet
And never worked on a furnace before.

Call a pro to do a thorough check of the system.

As you said the "oil tank is full".
You may also want to call your oil supplier, as many offer "flat rate repair
insurance"

Unless the furnace is relatively new, you can spend a lot of money on
repairs before you know it.

AMUN