The3rd Earl Of Derby

I bought a new camera a few months back and I have a slight niggling
problem. The zoom lens has a very light action so much so that when
the camera is not being used the zoom action falls under its own
weight. So every time I put the camera back up to my eye I have to
reset the zoom. As a temporary bodge I stuck several layers of
masking tape to the underside of the lens so the slight friction
stops the lens barrel moving under its own weight.
After time I expect the adhesive will make a gooey mess and the lens
barrel is started picking up the edges of the tape.
I am thinking that maybe a piece of velcro, not the hook part but the
other part might do the trick.
Any other suggestions?

Kevin

Candle wax rubbed on the barrel?