Rob Morley

In article ,
says...

"Grunff" wrote:

That reminds me, I really need to killfile a whole bunch of these
newbies...

Why would you do that?
Are they not worthy of your assistance?

I consider myself a relative newbie, having only returned to "serious" DIY
in the last 3-4 years.
It would be a serious loss to have the more experienced members
ignoring/blocking my posts!
I always express my gratitude to anyone who helps and try to return this
assistance where I can.
Is this not what the group's about?

It's a Usenet group - not a forum set up for the benefit of some dodgy
website that wants to use it to increase its traffic, whose users are
encumbered by dodgy software that doesn't conform to standards and who
often don't seem to appreciate how it all works so make multiple posts
and don't follow threading, quoting etc.