Cyrille de Brébisson

Default design problem/question for a desk skirt

Hello,

I am designing a table (62'' long by 30'' wide) and I am wondering how to design the skirt knowing that I want the legs to be removable. Here is what I am thinking at for the moment:

(note, everything is tennons and mortised)

O------------------------------------O
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
O------------------------------------O

removable back to front part of the skirt with glued legs the leg are then tennons and mortised in the right to left part of the skirt and held with dowels
the 2 middle back to front part of the skirt (designed to hold the drawer) are tennons and mortised in the back and front part of the skirt

now the problem is how to attach the skirt to the table knowing that the table will expand and contract depending on the humidity?

I was thinking of fixing the back to front skirt parts in the middle of the table with lag bolts and add some L shaped wood peices bolted in the table to hold the skirt down, but allow movement as in the bellow ascii ART:

| |skirt
| |
| _| ___
| |_ |_ | Where that little L goes in the groove in the skirt
| table

does that look like a good design?

Thanks, Cyrille