Yes, I have some experience (about 15 years and several tons worth).

1. Make sure your blade and fence are properly aligned parallel to the
miter slot.

2. Read, understand, and obey all safety rules associated with the use
of a table saw. If you get a kickback while cutting hunks of aluminum,
you'll be lucky to be live and tell about the experience.

3. Wear an apron and full face shield. The chips are sharp, hot, and
come streaming toward you at high speed. They will cut and even embed
into any soft tissue (like skin and eyes).

4. Use a blade designed for non-ferrous metal cutting. This would have
a "tripple-chip" tooth grind with a negative (or neutral) hook (rake)
angle. A standard wood cutting blade (alternating top bevel) will dull
very quickly and become hazardous.

5. Use some sort of lubricant. The aluminum will weld itself to the
teeth and fill the gullets of the blade if you don't. I do so much
aluminum cutting that I have a spray mist unit on the saw. A stick wax
lubricant works pretty darn good. I would not feel comfortable using
flamable liquids (like kerosene).

This really isn't an activity for the novice tablesaw user. If you are
not already familiar with using a tablesaw then learn all the ins and
outs cutting wood first.

Hope I've been able to help.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com