Dave Hinz

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 21:33:09 -0500, gfulton wrote:

Apology? Worked as youth doing electrical work in a production plant with
440 3 phase and the control circuits for same. In the 35 yrs. since have
been an aircraft electrician on Lockheed L-1011's, B747's, B707's, DC-6's,
767, Airbus, etc. etc. Been badly shocked several times when someone I
worked with didn't see the "do not activate" placard I placed plain view in
the cockpit and pushed in circuit breakers. 400 cycle, 220 volt hurts like
a bitch. I can't imagine anyone more careful than myself about exposing a
person to a hot circuit.

And yet, your reasonable precautions have already been shown, in your
direct personal experience, to be unreliable.

It will_not_happen to any lineman working on my
outage.

Kinda like the guys not pushing buttons you asked them not to?
Apparently "lockout-tagout" doesn't exist in your world?

Just exactly which part of my post led you to believe that I don't
have an understanding of power distribution? "Tough guy" is a derogatory
term used here on the flight line when you run across a particularly
obnoxious know-it-all. Most people with any sense grow out of that stage.

And most people would notice, after their safety precautions have failed
them several times, that they're insufficient.