dennis@home

"Set Square" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

Shame as you didn't read what you quoted.

That's precisely what I *did* do!

Then read it properly.

It's a shame that you're not big enough to accept that what you suggested
is
a damn silly idea - rather than continuing to try to defend the
indefensible!

I wouldn't do it (my house has five zone valves including the conservatory
each fed from a timer stat.).
But it does allow the OP to get heat even if the room stat is off.
This is what the OP said was his problem.

If he wants to do the job properly and fit zones then he can do so.
If all he wants is an override for the room stat then what I said will work
too.
If he only wants to heat it for frost protection purposes then it is
probably the easiest way and easiest is invariablly the correct way in my
experience.

I haven't noticed anyone else agreeing with you

Most people don't care and are bored, just like me.

- not even Dr Drivel. g

That would be evidence for me being correct then.