Martin H. Eastburn

There was a picture of the local Indian tribe putting on their chaps and all
to get to cut the trees and brush back due to the storm that ripped through
their part of the country. When there are heavy thorn vines and the 3 or 4" long
thorn of local trees - up and down the trunks (Honey Locust) - anything is better than pants.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:59:09 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On 30 Sep 2005 15:15:55 -0700, wrote:

Agreed. I wear chaps even when I'm cutting at waist height on a
sawbuck, just to keep the chips out of my steel toed boots. In the
woods they have protected my shins mainly from thorns, the splinters on
the stump and cut-off branches that snapped free.

jw

Sounds like a bunch of Village People wanna be's here

Gunner, ducking and running

Village People wearing chaps?

I have never seen anyone wearing chaps while cutting wood in MN. I
cut a buncha wood today with my sissysaw (14"), but only a little of
it was over 13" dia.

August in October today (80's) but windy -- whitecaps on the lake. I
fished a little but no bumps; I think the lake has turned over. It
doesn't smell like turnover but the wind could mask that; it does
look turned. Duck hunters had a tough opener: weather was too nice.