jim rozen

In article 1128277669.21578@yasure, Jeff Dantzler says...

I am seriously looking at a Miele front load washer.

It uses 208V and you have to buy a $200+ "adaptor" in
order to use it where only 1ph 240V is available.

I have done a good bit of 1ph 240V wiring and still remember
some stuff from my college physics classes.

How would one put such an "adaptor" together that would be
robust, safe, and cheaper than $200 ?

Figure the current would be 30A (to allow using a Miele dryer
at some future date.

Buck/boost transformer, wired to buck the incoming voltage.

Check in mcmaster carr, they sell them there.

Jim

please reply to: