Robert Swinney

Thanx, Gunner. Those Tascos look good. I am leaning toward a single power
scope though for .22 RF target use at 50 yards. Do you have a
recommendation, or anyone have a preference for any specific power? I'm
thinking something around 20 X would be about right.

Bob Swinney
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 11:00:54 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Redux on Redux. I have a 15 to 45 X Simmons spotting scope. Its normal
use
is for .22 RF at 50 yards, where it is set for around 25X. I mostly
practice at 50 yards, trying to shoot 1/4 inch groups. Occasionally, I
will
slew the little Simmons over and see what the boys are doing at 100 yards.
No problem, at all, reading their 30 cal. holes. Cheap spotting scopes
like
mine have plastic lenses, which are great with only a small reduction in
transmission. The more expensive ones have glass lenses - a little
better,
but a whole lot more money. I shoot with a vari-power Leupold scope.
Glass, of course, marvelous optic; beautiful scope. I am considering
getting another scope; pretty sure it will be a Simmons, single power,
around 20X. It won't be quite as rugged as a Leupold but more than
sufficient for bench rest shooting. Think I'll save the Leupold for a
quality air rifle for back yard practice.

Bob Swinney

Take a hard look at these, before buying a Simmons.

http://www.tasco.com/riflescopes/tar...int_main.shtml

btw..this is a decent scope of its type....
http://www.eabco.com/Tasco03.htm

I hope that Leupold you have, isnt going on a spring gun.

Gunner

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:06:04 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 16:53:38 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

SNIP ALL

Hey Don,

What does "redux" mean?? I know a "redoubt" is an outlying
fortification, but I've never seen the term redux.

"Revisited". The term may have come into more common usage with
John Updyke's novel "Rabbit Redux", which was a sequel to "Rabbit
Run".