badgolferman

Adam Preble, 10/2/2005,8:36:20 PM, wrote:

The shutoff valves under my kitchen sink are busted. The hot is
stuck open and both generally look bad. I plan to install new ones
while replacing the hose attachment. Furthermore, the cold water
utility valve is leaking. I have quite the work ahead of me.

I think I've located the water main. There's a large-diameter PVC
pipe poking out beside the driveway. If that's not it, then I guess
I'll have to call the utility company. One way or another, the water
main has to be shut down while I do most of the repairs--the hose can
come after the new valves work.

I'm curious how the water heater plays into all of this. The last
thing I need is water--especially the hot water--sprayed into my face
when I pull the old shutoff valves. Is there anything I need to do
in relation to my hot water heater to complete the shutoff?

My house has two shutoff valves. One is in the garage near the water
heater. The other is in the master bathroom. Are you sure you've
checked your entire house?

--
"Golf is the hardest game in the world to play, and the easiest to
cheat at." -- Dave Hill