mwlogs

If the electic isn't anything more than a single cable feeding the outlet
you may be able to get by with a shallow box and still have clearance for
the door, being careful that any screws protruding from the back of the box
are cut as short as possible.

Also depending on your installation, you may be able to build a 'double
wall. I have a pocket door on my bath and there is plumbing in that wall. I
built built the 'pocket' using only one side of the kit, making the wall
about 7 inches think - 4 for the plumbing, and 3 for the pocket. It required
some 'custom cut' trim since a normal jam and casing was too narrow.

"Vince" wrote in message

Thanks Tim for your info.

In my case, this is to be the bathroom's 24 inch wide entry door. Next
time I am at HD, I will inquire about availability and sizes, etc.

I cannot go to the left due to existing electrical, and to the right,
means subdividing the master bedroom closet, which is small to begin
with. The depth of the closet is approximately 28 inches between
finished drywall walls.

I will Google for pocket door.