Edwin Pawlowski

"Sozoman" wrote in message

I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SLAMMING SUV's! I have a Ford F150 that gets 16-17
mpg. I usually drive it alone everywhere. No one ever questions a man
and his truck that sucks gas as well as any SUV. Don't mess with a guy
and his beloved truck. Yet who drives most SUV's? Mom's that shuttle
kids to school, sports events, and trips.

Perception is much of the battle. Many pickups are used as real life
working tools. Most are not. The perception, though, is that the guy has a
legitimate reason to drive his truck.

Many SUV's really do transport a bunch of kids to school. Most don't. The
perception is one little woman going to the grocery store for a loaf of
bread.

The reality is that 95% of us can get away with a much smaller vehicle that
gets better mileage, but we just don't. The arguments for safety, better
handling on secondary roads, etc, just don't measure up either. Very few 4
x 4's ever go off road.