MaryL

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Robertm wrote:
I'm installing aluminum gutters. Did a Google and found two home repair
sites. One says the slope should be 1/4 inch per 10 ft and another says
1/2 inch per 10 ft. Anyone know the correct recommended slope?

Bob

Mine are about 1/4" to 10'. I believe that to be the standard.

What about the "elbow" that connects the gutter to the downspout? The elbow
prevents my motion detector light from coming on, and I am concerned about
someone having an accident because it gets very dark in that area. The man
who does a lot of work for me sugested lowering the bend so the infra-red
light could aim above it. Is there a "standard" for these elbows, and would
his idea work as well during major storms?

MaryL