miamicuse

"G Henslee" wrote in message
miamicuse wrote:
A while ago I had some left over white thinset in it's original 20# bag,

poured them into an empty plastic bucket (labeled for grout). I put it

away
and forgot about it for a whole year. Yesterday I noticed in my

bathroom
shower tiled wall there is a crack along one of the recessed alcove. So

used screw driver to chip the grout out, then took out the "grout" from

that
bucket, mixed it with latex grout additive and water and used it. This
morning I remember that those were not grout, those were thinset!

Now the question is, what have I done? Should I chip them out and

replace
with real grout or is it "OK" what I did? It is inside the shower on

the
wall about waist height and will get wet.

Thanks for any comments.

MC

Your choice. You have to look at it.

Thinset that's over a year old? It'll probably fall out on it's own.
Then you can get some 'fresh' GROUT and do it right.

The additive you used may help it last longer, however.

Good point. I don't know if the thinset powder might have lost strength
over time. We shall see...

MC