nospambob

Our new 40 gal gas has a metal valve at the bottom. I asked for the
metal quarter turn to replace the plastic but didn't need it.

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:47:01 GMT, Sherman wrote:

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:17:42 GMT, "Jim-Poncin"
wrote:

We've got a gas water heater, just under 3 years old.

Should I drain it as a routine maintenance procedure or not?? It hasn't been
drained so far.

thanks

My 40 gal gas water heater has about 5 gallons of brown 'muck' in the
bottom after 5 years of no draining.

I suppose I'll start draining it every couple of months. That
delicate plastic drain valve is still working fine so far, but I take
extra care when touching it.