Ed Sirett

Default Cost of Installing a Combi boiler

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:03:04 +0100, tarquinlinbin wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 08:28:51 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
tarquinlinbin wrote:
Surely they won't be Corgi registered?

Does it make a difference these days?

He'd be breaking the law by working on gas - and therefore probably
doesn't bother with insurance etc either. Or, of course, pay tax.

I appreciate that CORGI reg is an attempt to maintain some sort of
standard of professionalism but really I think its a rubber stamping
procedure for mediocrity. I speak genrally of course and there are
plenty of gas chaps and ladies who hold very high standards but these
are personal standards and nothing to do with CORGI. There are plenty
of CORGI's who dont even bother to test for gas leaks after doing
work.

....some of whom work for Transco. Although mostly they are the good guys.

I have 23 years experience and I'm not CORGI reg'd yet i could produce
a ring binder full of evidence and certification to clearly
demonstrate competence.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk