Sherman

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:12:03 -0500, Steve
wrote:

I put an addition on my house and I need to put on a door. It is an older
house, so I would like to use a wood, 9 light door. I saw the exact one I
liked at Home Depot, but it wasn't pre hung, for $150. I asked if they had
it pre hung, and they said special order for $475. They use to have a
manufacturer that would do it for $275, but they no longer carry them.
Does anyone know of a place where I could get what I want for a reasonable
price, preferably in the Baltimore area?

Thanks

BTW, I wouldn't know where to begin to frame up a door, but installing a
pre hung I have done before.

I suggest you consider buying a prehung door of the same size but a
cheaper model and throwing away the door. You will have to do some
adjusting with the hinges and latch, but it should go pretty quick and
be a hell of a lot easier than doing it from scratch.