Default Old gas converted coal furnace

Hello.

I stumbled on this list while trying to Google search for information
on coal furnaces that have been converted to gas. My 1917 house has
this situation and it seems to work fine, my issue is I am not all that
familiar with how to understand it. Since it is a converted furnace, I
cannot just find a standard service manual and work from there.

Any suggestions and/or advice?

In general principal, I think I understand how the forced hot water
system works. There is a lower chamber with the fire burner that heats
a reservoir of water. When the water is sufficiently heated, the water
pump forces the water through the system.

Thank you,
Chris

--
chrisduff