Red

Default Mixer shower only works sometimes

"Set Square" wrote in message

Nor sure how you managed to post your message at 10:43am - when it's only
10:15 at the moment! Please check your computer time clock (not that that
has any bearing on your shower/heating problems!)

Sorry my post was so controversial. My clock is indeed correct. Im writing
this reply at 18:52 If it shows as earlier, i don't know why.

With regard to these, you will need to tell us a bit more about your setup
before we can sensibly comment.

I'll do my best, but im afraid dont know much about this sort of stuff.

Where does the mixer shower get its hot and cold supplies from? Is there a
boost pump? Assuming the hot supply comes from the hot cylinder, is this a
dedicated supply for the shower, or shared with all the hot taps?

Cold water from main tank in loft. Hot from tank in airing cupboard.
Dedicated supply for shower.

What type of heating/hot water system do you have? I assume that a single
boiler (gas or oil-fired etc.) heats both the water (via an indirect coil

in
the hot is water cylinder) and the radiators? Is it fully pumped or is the

hot
water circuit gravity (convection) fed?

Single boiler for water and heating. Heating is pump fed. Water gravity (i
think)??

What zone valves (e.g. single 3-port
mid-position diverter valve or 2-off 2-port zone valves etc.) do you have?

Sorry, havent a clue. Any other questions, let me know.

Hope this helps, and I appreciate your time.

Red.