miamicuse

Default Shady real estate agent

Last week I posted about a house with a mold problem. The house was listed
as "Active and Available". I contacted my agent to arrange a viewing,
although I have significant interest just by looking at the different
pictures and a drive by, the price is very reasonable too.

My agent was trying to contact the LA, and the LA said he is busy and can't
show it until a few days later. After a few days, no call back, and when
contacted says have to wait over the weekend. When we finally called over
the weekend, the LA said the property has a serious mold problem and will
cost like $20000 to fix, that the house was already sold but the buyer
backed out because of the mold problem. We were a little shocked and
thought about backing away, but then I thought I still want to see it and if
it's just replacing drywalls and carpets it's not such a big deal. I had my
agent called again and this time, the agent said the property has just been
sold, the seller reduced the price and the original buyer will be getting
the house. Oh well we will have to move on. Today my agent called me and
told me she found out the "buyer" of this house IS THE Listing Agent and
that he is
planning to sell as soon as it closes (told my agent he will be happy to
show it to us as soon as it closes in December). Isn't this a conflict of
interest? How can the LA recommend a price and then buy the property
himself (probably at a discount?) then get an inspection that reveals
serious mold problem to get the seller to lower the price, and even back off
on the contract to put it on the market again to pressure the seller,
knowing all this time he can block or discourage other interested parties
without the knowledge of the seller, and finally getting a price reduction,
and then probably his own commission, with the intention to flip? If he
thinks he can flip right the way, and make a profit, doesn't it mean the
seller is pricing it low, and shouldn't he be expected to inform/advise the
seller what the fair market value is? I am just real ****ed off to run into
shady deals like this. Any advise? Should I just move on or is there a
way to still get this house given the situation?

MC