ronm

I have to agree with this. Personally I would rather buy a house the
realator said was cheaper because the guy just moved out of state rather
than one thats been sitting empty. I'd wonder how come no ones buying it.
Also would not consider a house where I couldnt see the plumbing running or
the furnace working, even if they guaranteed it. Empty house also invites
vandals etc.

"No" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yea - Mayby this should be an entirely different thread. I agree that
things vary amongst realtors. My point, given your thoughts, is still
the same. The realtor is going to generally do what they can for a
quick sale. This may include setting a low price, agressive marketing,
what ever. Around here houses sell in a day or three otherwise they
sit, having been priced too high. Once a house sits, even if the price
is then lowered, people avoid looking at it. It has a stigma and people
wonder whats wrong with it.

My advice to the OP would be to work with his realtor for a quick sale.
It may involve setting the lowest price of all the similar houses.
Price it the same as what the next smaller houses are going for. Then
someone gets a 3RB for a 2BR price for example. This is better IMO than
letting a house sit, unoccupide over the winter. What are his monthly
carrying costs? Mortgage, utilities, insurance, maintenence, etc. Lets
say 3K a month. Lower the price 18K (6 months worh of costs). You get
the idea.

BTW Ken, Joeseph - There is a great book that has a chapter about why
realtors push for quick sales yet their own houses sit on the market
longer (the chapter title is "How is the Ku Klux Klan like a group of
Real-Estate agents). The book is called Freakenomics. Check it out, it
will make your head spin
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...528417-2448027