smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:51:45 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

Beachcomber wrote:
Keep in mind that a pet door weakens your security and unless you

get
a "smart electronic door", you may be setting yourself up for

unwanted
animals to get in your house.

I added a vertical board to my sliding glass door going from my

kitchen out onto
the deck, then cut and installed a flapper door in it. The sliding

glass door
stayed stock. With staining, the vertical board looked like it was

an integral
part of the house and I never had a problem with thievery. I did

have a problem
with raccoons once my cat got too old to defend the homestead. That

was the end
of the kitty door... though I had used it successfully for many

years.

Now I have a dog that would gladly eat a visitor alive. I don't dare

let her
roam at will.... couldn't afford the lawsuits....

I have had a pet door for over 20 years for my cats and dogs. If I
could redesign one, I would put it in the wall next to the door, with
some kind of a ramp leading up to the pet door and some sort of little
steps coming down on the other side. That would eliminate rodents.

I also would have not encouraged my dogs to use it at all. We have a
puppy with very muddy paws and I wish I could regulate when she came
in and out more so, but the older dog would be far too confused. I
think Pet Doors are ideal for cats. It makes their world so
wonderful. IMHO Dogs really don't need it.

with aloha,
Thunder the dog
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee