Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Beachcomber wrote:
Keep in mind that a pet door weakens your security and unless you get
a "smart electronic door", you may be setting yourself up for unwanted
animals to get in your house.

I added a vertical board to my sliding glass door going from my kitchen out onto
the deck, then cut and installed a flapper door in it. The sliding glass door
stayed stock. With staining, the vertical board looked like it was an integral
part of the house and I never had a problem with thievery. I did have a problem
with raccoons once my cat got too old to defend the homestead. That was the end
of the kitty door... though I had used it successfully for many years.

Now I have a dog that would gladly eat a visitor alive. I don't dare let her
roam at will.... couldn't afford the lawsuits....

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN