gd226

so... the impetus for this project is that our dogs have trashed the
existing carpet - necessitating a more durable, cleanable replacement
(either a wood or tile).
Regardless of which one we choose, we'll put down a large area rug for
protection and noise.
As far as the cold issue, winters here in colorado can be chilly, and
we're planning on radiant floor heat.

We like the look of slate, but don't want to do something that will
make the place tough to sell in the future.
The house makes use of stone/concrete as a common theme and already has
alot of unique features (some pics at
http://www.pbase.com/homi/home_inside )
The master bath floor and shower are slate, the first floor is mostly a
saltillo-looking tile, the kitchen backsplash is travertine, and the
sinks and counters in the kitchen, master bath and wetbar are concrete.

We're certainly appreciating everyone's thoughts... keep em coming !
Homi