Neon John

On 30 Sep 2005 14:34:10 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Maybe, but direct soil contact will rust a tank a lot faster than just
being out in the atmosphere. And, braindead lawmakers being what they
are, probably can't differentiate between this fuel and other fuel
tanks.

Tanks designed for burial are coated with a very thick, probably half
inch, coating of asphalt. Such coated tanks do not rust. Burying
propane tanks has been around at least since I was a kid, for I recall
seeing them. I imagine they have this coating thing pretty well
figured out by now.

FWIW, they recently dug up some est 80 year old asphalted gas tanks
from an abandoned gas station across the street. The tanks were in
perfect condition and still contained some probably 30 year old
gasoline. No rust inside or out. It seemed such a shame to cut them
up and haul them away.

John
---
John De Armond